February 2, 2013

Shoujo Manga Review: Asa mo, Hiru mo, Yoru mo

I cannot seem to stop myself from reading mangas lately... @.@ The manga I finished reading is called "Asa mo, Hiru mo, Yoru mo" by Aoki Kotomi


The story is about Suetsugu Shinobu, a girl who was raped near the end of middle school, and Yokomizo Jun, who Shinobu thinks has the same face as the guy who raped her. Jun does not understand why Shinobu has the look of fear in her eyes and starts to cry when she sees him. Shinobu also tries to stay away from guys as much as possible, and so many people think that she just hates guys. (I can't say anymore because it would just be spoilers. >.<)

I have to say that you can definitely feel the tension when reading this manga. The possibility of squeeing and wanting to squeeze a stress ball is very high. There is so much back and forth of "yes" and "no" that I almost thought that there was going to be no resolution, but thankfully there is one. There are no love rivals, but Shinobu overcoming her fear is pretty intense. I think readers will definitely feel for Jun because he is in such a frustrating position, and when he takes a step forward, he ends up going 10 steps back. For being only 2 volumes, I give this a solid 4.5 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...