March 29, 2013

Recent Anime Song Covers: Otome Game Style

My recent song covers have all been the opening songs of animes that are based on otome games. ^_^" So far, I have covered Hakuoki and Amnesia, and I have at least two more songs planned. Can you guess from which series? ;)

Hakuoki OP - "Izayoi Namida" by Yoshioka Aika


I reviewed 5 out of the 6 characters in "Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom" game, so I was excited to watch the anime and see whose path the anime will focus on. Surprisingly, the anime seems to be going down everyone's path, but with slightly more focus on Hijikata's. (I will blog about Hijikata's story in the game eventually, so please wait a bit longer for those who have been reading them.) I have yet to watch the second season of the anime, but the anime seems to combine all the games together as there are scenes that are not in "Demon of the Fleeting Blossom," but actually in the fandisk called "Hakuoki ~Zuisouroku~" where you can see extra CGs and even side routes that you do not have a chance to see in the main game.

I pretty much fell in love with the opening song when I recognized that it was the same artist who sang the opening and ending song of the game. I did my best to sing in the same style, which was really tricky, but I was happy with how it turned out. I would have covered the opening song of the game, but there is no official instrumental or karaoke version of it. T_T


Amnesia OP - "Zoetrope" by Yanagi Nagi

I actually started watching this anime without knowing it was based on an otome game. I thought the title was intriguing, and the story was definitely more so. However, after reading a review on the game, I realized that the main heroine does not have a name! I was shocked, and it made perfect sense why Orion kept calling the heroine "kimi" ("you") all the time. (Yes, my mind was blown by that fact. ^_^") I know you can name the heroine in any otome game whatever you want, but there is at least a default name, so I am surprised that there was an otome game with no default name. But when I think about it, it actually fits because she does have amnesia, right? I loved the series, and I am wondering whether they will make a second season based on the sequel to the game, "Amnesia Later."

As for the opening song itself, I fell in love with it after a few listens. The name of the song was cool, and the lyrics actually match well with the title of the song, as it describes what a zoetrope is in a storytelling kind of way. I am the most proud of this song cover as I actually did back vocals for the first time ever, and it turned out pretty good. I am still surprised that I could cover a song with a rock instrumental in the background as I always had the impression that my voice could only sing soft songs. I also tried to make the video more interesting than usual, so please watch out for that.

I am trying to be more active, so please check out my Fanpage and Twitter for updates. 

2 comments:

  1. nice cover i play piano and i love anime and manga here is my Inuyasha Kikyo's Theme Piano http://harmonikbeats.blogspot.com/2013/05/blog-post.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love Hakuoki's opening song! I love your blog and followed you too...

    you can visit my blog and follow me if you like,., :)

    Lzl,
    www.favoriteanimemangalist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...